Benzema: It is normal for me to be criticised



Following an impressive outing against Napoli in the Champions League, Karim Benzema has insisted he feels back to his best and understands the criticism that has been directed at him.
The Real Madrid striker ended a run of six games without a goal by heading home a crucial equaliser against Napoli, helping his side pick up a 3-1 victory.
"I'm proud of the work I have put in and I'm very happy," the former Lyon man told Mega. "I've sacrificed a lot but now I'm feeling good and I think that is evident on the field.
"The fans are also with me now and that is a very important thing for my confidence.
"Sometimes you score goals, sometimes you don't and sometimes you are criticised but I think that is normal."
With his goal against the Partenopei on Wednesday night, Benzema became the top scoring Frenchman in Champions League history on 51 goals.

Comments